lunes, 23 de mayo de 2011

1.My English progress from 2009-2011

My first composition is my letter presentation which I wrote at the beginning of first of batxillerat. In this letter I explained my future aims, something about me, my family, my hobbies, what I expected to do…
To tell the truth, I like it more than the compositions that I’m doing now, because I talked about what I really wanted to talk about. On the contrary, the compositions which I’m writing now, are about social topics, things that are interesting for the entire world…
My last composition talks about renewable energies in general and the benefits that they have given to society. I also talk about these kind of energies: wind power, hydropower, geothermic… finally, I give my opinion about it, which is that they improve the environment.
Looking at these two compositions I realize that there are a lot of differences between them:
First of all, now the content is more mature than before, because during 1st of batxillerat my compositions talked about my future, my childhood, my friends… and now I talk about bulimia, abortion, renewable energies, Japan… So, these are interesting topics which are important to society.
Secondly, I haved improved my language because now I use more technical words, linkage words, connectors…
For example: in my first composition, I talked like a twelve years old girl, because I think I said things so immature, such as: “my hobbies are: going out with my friends, shopping, listening to music, surfing the internet…”. My world seems to be pink, and that’s good, but I think that my work now is more elaborated than before. On the other hand, in my composition of renewable energies I used more technical words, more linkers, the structure of the content is much better…

My first oral presentation was about my summer job because the topic which we have to talk about was optional and I chose this. I did it well but it was my first oral presentation alone, so I was more nervous than the other presentations: I remember I was always looking at my teacher, sometimes I read my notes (although I studied what I had to say), I didn’t do any movements or gestures to hold the attention of my classmates and sometimes I didn’t know how to continue the oral presentation.
My last presentation was during the second term, because this term I haven’t done any. It was about plastic surgery. The content was quite good but I remember that on this day we have a very difficult exam and I didn’t study so much what I had to say. However I made some gestures and my pronunciation was quite well (better than the first time) and my level of English was better.
So, there are some differences between these two oral presentations, and I’m happy to see that I have improved in some ways, for example: I have improved my pronunciation because before I didn’t know how to pronounce some words, my fluency, I do more movements, gestures, I try to hold the attention of my classmates, I work more on my presentations and now they are more mature and the topics are more interesting.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario